EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

SADDI update



It breaks my heart to write about this, but I know there are caring people who are concerned about our SADDI. SADDI has basically stopped eating, though she drinks a lot of water. Since she wont eat, I had to dissolve her nasty pills into her water, so then she stopped drinking. So we have stopped giving her the pills so she will at least drink. SADDI's energy is slow, but she remains active, always ready for a walk. Every night I take SADDI across the street to sit on the grass at the local school. Sitting under the stars in the cool night air is very relaxing for us. SADDI always lays closely to me as I talk to her about all the memories we have shared in our 13 years together. But I remind her that we still have a chance for many more memories, but that I need her to eat. Normally I sleep on the living room floor to allow SADDI and Devon more comfort in sleeping in the bed. But last night I needed to cuddle with SADDI. When I got into bed, she was against Devon, but once I laid down, I felt SADDI getting up and firmly placing her back against mine. Her breathing was struggled, but once I placed my hand on her, she relaxed and soon was snoring. I couldn't sleep, so I just enjoyed listening to her.

The other day, when it was so uncomfortably hot, my own health was fading and I just needed to lay down. Too hot to cuddle, SADDI still moved close to me and placed her paw on my arm as I fell asleep. When I awoke several hours later, SADDI was still holding my arm.

On a very troubling topic, SADDI's growth projects a slight smell, it isn't nearly as bad as when it was infected though. We wash her every other day and wash her bedding daily. Recently our horrible landlord arrived at 5:45am to resurface the back porch and called the following day to say he was concerned by the smell, that the house smelled like a zoo (he never set foot inside the house). I lost it and let this heartless bastard know that SADDI is dying and we are doing everything we can possibly do for her comfort and that the house does not smell like anything other than we have a dog. Any dog companion will admit their house smells differently than a non-doggie house, but it isn't a bad thing. Our landlord suggested that maybe SADDI is in agony and should be ... before he could say "put to sleep", I cut him off and questioned who the hell he was to say such things. Reminding him of how pathetic he is as a landlord with broken promises, disrespecting our rights as renters and lying about issues that don't even exist. If we could afford to move, I would have left after that phone call.

I am still hopeful for a miracle because I know SADDI isn't ready to go yet. And I sure as hell am not ready to let her go. SADDI still has so much life and love inside of her that needs to be shared. But I wont forced her to stay if she feels it is time. Thinking of a life without SADDI is impossible for me. And I am so troubled by cruel people who say I could find another dog to give my love to, because SADDI is not just another dog, she is my family. She is my daughter. SADDI has taught me the meaning of loving, being kind and enjoying the simple things from life. We're just hoping for a miracle now to save and protect this precious angel who has done nothing to deserve any of this happening to her.

Rici

No comments: