EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

... June 9, 2010 ...




i cannot allow this day, June 9, to go by without publicly acknowledging the love of my life, my best friend, my sweet SADDI. It was 10 months ago today that she was taken from me and my life fell completely apart. It has been almost a year now since her cancer began to spread quickly and we were denied services and belittled by the cruel staff from Dove Lewis Animal hospital because of our limited finances. So many emotions are swirling within me these days, so many tears falling down my face. SADDI and i were together for 13 1/2 years, she saved my life, she protected me, took care of me, made me laugh, comforted me when i cried, never was i alone because she was always there, never did i feel unloved because she loves me so much. Since SADDI has been gone, i have lost friends because they feel it is silly for me to be so depressed over a 'dog', even though they knew SADDI and i together. i live in the memories of SADDI and i together, the only thing moving me forward is ensuring that SADDI's memory is honored and people know why she is so very special to me. 10 months without SADDI has been devastating, but in many ways she is still here with me. i often feel her close to me. Sometimes i still hear her snoring. But always, especially now when i am feeling so alone, i feel SADDI comforting me. It's difficult to explain, all i can say is that in life SADDI was my angel and she continues to be.

i love you SADDI, my goofy baby girl

No comments: