EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

SADDI's Love



In March of 2009, i came down with a serious infection. For a week, i stayed in bed, despite several blankets covering me, thanks to Devon, i was never able to get warm. Attempts to get out of bed were limited as i often felt so dizzy and weak i couldn't even hold my head up. SADDI stayed with me, close to me, the entire time. Devon Yan-Berrong would take SADDI out for walks, but as soon as she returned i could hear her rushing in to check on me. When it was dinner time, SADDI would go into the kitchen to eat, but after a few bites would come back into the bedroom and press her cold nose against mine. Usually i had the blanket covering my face, trying to stay warm, so SADDI would have to push away the blanket with her nose to find me. As soon as SADDI finished her dinner, she returned to the bedroom, jumping up onto the bed and laying her body tightly against mine staying with me until Devon took her out for another walk. After a week of never recovering, Devon took me to the hospital across the street where i stayed for a week. My first hospital room actually looked out towards our home and i begged for another room because i couldn't handle being in the hospital, so far, yet so close, to SADDI and not being with her. Devon visited me daily, but hospital rules didn't allow for me to go outside or for SADDI to come visit me. When i was released, i lied and said i had a ride home, which was truly just across the street. Devon was working at the gallery at the time and couldn't help to bring me home, so i walked home. It wasn't easy, as i was still very weak, but i needed to be home and be with SADDI. She was so happy to see me, as i was to see her. After a quick trip outside for her, we laid on the bed, cuddled together until Devon returned later in the evening. Actually, SADDI didn't even get out of bed when Devon returned, she waited for him to come into the bedroom and check on us.

No comments: