EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

W A L K I N G

i took a long walk recently.  A couple of years ago that wouldn't be noteworthy, but since my strokes last year and still being in a cast after nearly three years, to save my leg because of diabetes, for me it's kinda big deal.

i needed to go to the local library, about 1/2 a mile away, with several area's of going up hills.  It was a warm, late spring afternoon, and many times during the walk i thought of turning back or calling my neighbor to get a ride.  But wonderful feeling it was to be out and to push myself.  My pace is slow and i struggle in area's where others would thrive.   What helped me to continue forward was enjoying the beauty of spring flowers in the neighborhood that i had never explored before.

i need to be careful though because my shoe is really wore down.  i don't want to buy new shoes because i am only able to wear a left shoe, i really can't afford new shoes and because of my heart failure i don't like to spend money on new things for myself because i honestly have no idea how much longer i have.  The last thing i want to do is mess up my left foot too, as after having those toes removed a few years ago, it is healed.

i miss my walks.  i especially miss my walks with SADDI.  




No comments: