EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

H O S P I T A L

On Thursday, July 23,  i went into my foot doctor and had my cast removed, my foot looked worse but i felt fine ... no fever.  So he sent me to the hospital, where i will likely be for several days trying to fight the infection ... trying to save my leg.

i had surgery on Friday to drain the infection.  Before going in, i was having chest pains that i never told anyone about.  Maybe i just didn't care anymore.  i talked with SADDI in case i was about to be reunited with her.

Normally i come out of surgery feeling fine, not this time.  i had chills and a fever.  i was wrapped under several layers of blankets trying to get warm while sweating so much my bed was wet.  After about an hour i was feeling better, with a big pile of blankets on the chair across from me.

During the night, the machine that pumps my meds into me kept beeping, so i was lucky to get a half hours sleep and during the day people are always coming into my room with updates, so i still haven't slept.  My bed is so uncomfortable too.

My doctor came in, but didn't change the dressing.  He did tell me, to drain the heavily infected foot, i cut the top open about 4 inches.  If i get to keep my foot, this will take it even longer to heal.

All day Saturday i have been pumped with meds to fight the infection, but my red blood cells are really low so i had to get an infusion of blood.  They take so much blood out of me and then they are pumping blood inside of me.

i'm so tired, but i can't sleep with the nurse coming in every hour to get my vital signs.

No comments: