EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Saying Good Bye

i'm in the hospital spending the final hours with my right leg.  After over three years of dealing with issues because of my foot and the diabetes, i've decided to have my leg amputated below the knee.

The surgeon made me feel comfortable about my decision, but i am still nervous about the future.

i look forward to walking again without being dragged down by the cast or the smell that always came from leakage in my foot. i'm not going to miss trying to walk softly, though it never worked, so i wouldn't wake up Devon.

i'm really nervous, just because of the unknown.  But i truly feel i will soon be able to get back to semi normal and Devon and i can live again.  i MUST stay serious about my diet and keeping my blood sugar levels normal.

Good bye right leg.  We shared many miles together.


No comments: