EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

August 1, 2015

Well, i have been in the hospital since July 23, though all the days and nights have blended together.  Devon has visited once, but had a time limit so he could meet his friends to go to the movies.  This weekend he derided to go to the lake with his friends while i lay in the hospital bed alone.  He seems more concerned about how this will effect him emotionally then what it is doing to me physically and emotionally.


i'm getting to the bathroom on my own, but it is a struggle and exhausting.  The first few days days after the amputation i was having seriously painful phantom pains in my fake foot.  It felt like i was walking on glass or sharp knifes.  i'd lay in bed crying while pushing the button to give me pain relief.  (It barely helped)



i lay in my hospital bed all day and night, barely able to sleep because nurses are always coming into my room to check my vitals.  One night i was given a sleeping pill at 1:30am but was awakened at 4:30am.



i'm expected to go home in a couple of days, but i don't know what to expect.  It is so difficult getting out of my hospital bed just to pee, i don't know how i am going to get up the three steps to get into the house.



They keep telling me things are going to get better and i'll be getting around almost as normally as i once did.  It's hard to believe right now. 



No comments: