EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Throwback Thursday

i've been thinking about Thanksgiving 2001 lately. It was the first year that it was just SADDI and i. My entire family wanted nothing to do with me because of their issues with me being gay. i finally had the courage to kick out an abusive partner, after 4 years (he had come over the night before Thanksgiving to pick up his stuff, leaving behind everything i had given him).
So SADDI and i spent the extremely rainy day alone together. Instead of feeling lonely and depressed, i actually felt free of the negatives i had held onto for too long.
Since it was just the two of us, unable to go out because of the day long down pour, we shared an egg sandwich, cuddled and played.
i got down on all fours, SADDI would crawl under me, then lift her body up, pressing her back against my belly, while looking at me with her beautiful precious smile.
It was that day that i truly appreciated being thankful for what i had.

No comments: