EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

S A D D I

Before she turned one, SADDI had dislocated both back knee joints (common in chows). For the longest time she refused to walk across tile floors because it was too slippery. i had to lay a rug down in the kitchen so she could make it outside. The second knee was the worse, because she opened the wound and had to wear an elizabethan collar (the cone of shame as it is known now). i hated putting in on her before i went to work. Her little head going through the opening was bad enough, but those sad puppy eyes i had in my mind all day at work. Thankfully the knee's healed properly and she never had issues with her legs. She always had a gallop in her walk.

1 comment:

Jones said...

This sounded SO familiar... Every illness and injury, big or small, suffered by any of my two or four legged kids, was crazily painful for me. I envy those cold-hearted bastards who feel things less poignantly, those better at telling themselves, "It's not that bad. They'll be fine soon."

The thing that always upset me most was the idea that the kid or cat or dog who was sick didn't understand why they felt the way they did, and didn't really understand me saying "You'll feel better soon."

If there has to be pain, it should be reserved for those who understand it.