EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

The Leg

So i received the leg on Wednesday.  i was at the office for about three hours while they made adjustments.  It's uncomfortable but so nice to stand.  My balance was slightly off, but thankfully i have my cane.  i'm only able to wear it for short periods and then allow my leg to rest.  i'm being so careful.

i've never really looked at the stump while it was healing, just something i can't handle.  On Friday i lifted my leg to the mirror, i'm not sure, but i think the wound opened again.  So i'll go without wearing the leg today, but tomorrow i'll wear it briefly so i can take a shower.  This will be my first shower in over nine months since this whole ordeal started.  

And Sunday, we have tickets to see sax player Kenny G.  i bought the tickets in January, figuring i would be fully healed and walking by now.  i don't care, i'm going to the concerts and Monday when i see my nurse again i'll find out more information.

i just want all this to stop and get moving forward.  i honestly don't think i can handle another setback.

No comments: