EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

i'm done

i have tried to live an unselfish life.
Giving
Understanding.
Truth.
Something i did not learn from growing up.
In return, i have received selfishness.
People taking from me.
A lack of understanding towards my own feelings.
And lies told and believed about me.
It has been overwhelming.
Devastating.
i have always been too weak to fight it.
Too foolish to believe 'The Truth Would Prevail'
What i have failed to learn is that people no longer care for truth.
About themselves or anyone else.
It's boring.
i have attempted to create a positive hopeful message.
It barely gets acknowledged and no one wants to share it
for fear of the truth.
i have given, of myself and objects to bring joy.
There are those who will ignore it because it came from me.
And their belief in the lies about me.
The world today is full of selfishness.
People posting endless pictures of themselves waiting for praise.
But when you go out of your way
to promote businesses, people or events
it usually goes without acknowledgement or appreciation.
And people accept that is how it should be.
When it shouldn't be. 
i lost my entire family because of their lies.
Numerous "friends" have faded away because of untruths told about me.
Believed about me.
In the attempt to shout of the truth.
i am muffled by liars and self-proclaimed victims.
Why should i care is what is often said to me.
i do care.
Because i am human.
i have a compassionate caring fragile heart
And this is not the way it should be.
For nearly 54 years i have fought for what i believe to be right.
That we are ALL a small piece to this glorious planet.
Together we complete life for each and every one of us.
Sadly, so many others do not seen that.
Refuse to see that.
Deny the truth.
Ignore the facts.
And believe only they matter.
This is not a reality that i want to be in.
Because it is not a reality at all.
Life is precious to me.
Respect is important to me.
Being a true friend is vital to me.
Seeing the glass as half full kind of person.
Rather than being one who pours it to the ground
in front of the thirsty.
i have tried.
Oh how i have tried.
But i do not feel that i have failed.
Rather others have failed me.
And themselves. 


i'm done.

ric berrong
May 28, 2016

No comments: