EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

S L E E P

May 24, 2016

i'm ready to close my eyes forever.
To drift away into an endless sleep.
Facing forever alone in a deep slumber.
i doubt i will dream.
i know i wont ever awake.
The life i have lived is full of regret.
In the time that remains, there is too much to conquer.
i could cure an illness.
Feed all the poor.
Cleanse the air and water.
And it will never release me from the guilt i feel.
Nor do i seek such peace.
Deserve it.
If my eternal rest is haunted by my greatest regret.
So be it.
i accept it.
But i know i am ready.
If tomorrow never comes.
Never shall be seen again.
i open my arms ready to embrace it.
Nor tears should ever be shed for me.
As i have none for myself anymore.
As the light fades at the end of the day.
So does the feeling of wanting to be.
To stay. 

No comments: