EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Two Weeks

It's been two weeks since i have been given my leg.  The wound remains closed and looks good according to the nurse who comes to the house to care for all my wounds.  i'm now up to walking 5 blocks, but i get so tired.

This warm afternoon, i really wanted to call my neighbor, Anne, to see if she would come pick me up ... i was a block away from the house.  But i stood for a moment under some shade and was able to continue on.

i'm told it will take sometime to get my stamina back after not walking for nearly 10 months.  But everyday does get easier and the leg, even though tight, feels more comfortable.  My balance is also getting better, but i still don't have full confidence.  

It feels so stupid how easily i get tired, but i'm not going to quit so easily ... as i have all my life.

i can get around the house okay without my cane, but until i feel fully confident, i use my cane during my walks.  i'm hopeful that with time i will be able to be cane-free.  i'm really looking forward to going back to work so i can make a better life for Devon and i.  Not sure what i'll be able to do, but i no longer want to sit at home watching crap TV anymore.

My goal this weekend will be to clean the garage and maybe extend my walking distance.  i'm okay with walking uphills, i get nervous walking downhill, but i need the practice.

No comments: