EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

S A D D I


When i was laid-off of a job i really liked and finally making some good money, i was in shock ... numb. i can't say it wasn't expected, after 9/11 the business had slowed and they were trying to find cuts everywhere.
i gathered my belongings and got on the short bus ride home, questioning myself and the future. i was scared. When i opened the door, i was greeted, as always, by SADDI with love. Jumping up on me. Barking at me. Her curled tail wagging wildly. i put SADDI's leash on her, still in a daze about what had happened, and we headed out for a walk on a beautiful spring day.
We went down to the waterfront. SADDI knew that i wasn't my regular self. she seemed more silly than usual, trying to make me happy. Going after sticks and pine cones, running in circles around me. By the time we reached the waterfront, with SADDI and all her love, i was feeling hopeful and positive.
Nothing mattered anymore except what i had in this moment. SADDI always had this affect upon me. Years abused by someone who said they loved me, SADDI comforted me. My families betrayal, i had my true family who loved me, SADDI. When i brought Devon Yan home, SADDI celebrated with me. Even as SADDI was taking her last breath, she reached her weak paw up and placed it on my hand to comfort me.
What i am going through now, i really need SADDI so much.

No comments: