EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

G O A L S


As the situation within my life become more and more scary, financially, physically and emotionally, all i am able to do now is attempt to combat them with something i should have done years ago.  No telling where i would be today had i learned this lesson way back when.

Diet and exercise and meditation.

To save electricity and cut our electric bill, i only have the TV on a couple hours a day.  Before, i would leave the TV on even when i slept, it actually helped me to sleep.  i would rather loose sleep than not be able to pay the electric bill.

But with the TV off, i am focusing on an all day exercise program.  For the first time in my life, i'm really pushing myself.  Instead of stopping when i felt tired or some strain, i push myself even more.  Of course, since i am limited in what i can do being in a chair, i try to push in area's i am able to focus on.

In the past, i would always quit when i didn't see instant results.  But the slow healing process of my wounds has forced me to find patience.  Something i am not very good at.

My history has always found me going to food when i needed comfort from reality.  Today i pick up my weights or do my side twist and leg lifts.

With a third mouth to feed in our house now and just my limited workers insurance (which could be gone before i am able to go back to work), my diet is extreme also.  A package of 6 peanut butter crackers, a boiled egg and an apple per day.  Lots of water ... coffee too.  If my blood sugar gets low, as often it does now, i take a spoon full of peanut butter or 3 M&M's, instead of the entire package.

As a diabetic, they do a 3 month look at my blood sugars ... A1C.  When i didn't care about my blood sugars, i ranged around 11 or 12.  Infection in my foot didn't help much, but neither did my unhealthy diet.  A month ago, with my most recent infection included in the number, i was at 7.3. With my morning blood sugar numbers being as low as they have been, i look forward to see my A1C number being below or around 5 in October.  (A person without diabetes has numbers around 5 ... a person with diabetes, with a proper diet, is normally around 6.5 - 7)

Keeping my blood sugar level is helpful to my healing as well.  The wound vac i wore for over a month helped the healing so much, but now it is all up to me and the care of my nurse who visits 3 times a week.  i just have to make sure i don't fall, which i normally do when i attempt to use my walker.  My nurse insist that i no longer fall, she has to do a report on my each time i do.

My goal, since a year ago when i had the amputation and everyday since i have been trapped at home, is to be able to walk again.  And work.  Oh how i want to work again.  And how i need to work again too.  i want to feel useful again.  Sure i do all the cooking, cleaning and send out positive energy for others, but i want that feeling again of earning and deserving a salary.  i'm so tired and depressed feeling useless.  Of watching people walk past the house and seeing people posting living their lives online.  i can't even get onto my front porch without the fear of falling.

Today, as i thrive as best as i can, i can only hope that i have enough time remaining in my life to live my life as best i can.  i owe it to SADDI.  i owe it to Devon.  i owe it to myself.

No comments: