EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Scruffy



33 years ago today i lost my best friend though my later grade school, high school years and just slightly beyond. Scruffy was a very loyal loving stray, that actually follow our neighbors home one day. We were just moving in next door, they were about to take Scruffy to the animal shelter, but i asked to keep her. One time i came down with the flu, Scruffy sat above my head all day, she never left. She loved to take baths and always ran around the house, rubbing against the furniture before i could dry her off. i honestly could not have made it through those difficult years without her. On nice days, when the front door was open, she would stand on her back legs, leaned against the screen door, waiting for me to come home from school. About a block away, she could hear me and i could hear her barking for me.

No comments: