EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Merry christmas SADDI

memories of christmas past

Since Devon has decided to go over to his friends today, i'll be home thinking about my beautiful SADDI, who i truly miss so very much. 

2001, our first christmas alone, it was a cold dry day, so we went for a long walk to our post office box, about 3 miles each way, through downtown Portland.  SADDI was happy, exploring the quiet city, and i was in no hurry to take that away from her.  At the half way point, in the heart of downtown Portland (Pioneer Square), there was a large box truck sitting in the middle of the square.  SADDI and i took a little break, sitting on the cold bricks, SADDI leaning snugly against me, as she always did.  We watched as volunteers handed out warming clothing to a line of homeless people.

i sat there, my arm around my great love, my best friend, no longer thinking about how alone i was, without a relationship or family or any real friends.  Everything i truly needed was sitting next to me.

SADDI and i got up and finished our walk.  The entire time, SADDI walking with that beautiful smile that always took away my tears.  When we returned to our cold small home, we took a long nap, cuddled together under a couple of warm blankets.  SADDI so closely next to me that i couldn't move and using my arm as a pill-low.  And i remember how happy i was.

Even though i am spending another christmas alone, the greatest gift i ever received was the love and friendship given to me by such a special little girl and all the memories i cling to today..

Thank you SADDI.

(The picture attached to this post was a failed attempt at making a holiday card.  SADDI was too bored to sit patiently, so she just laid down and glared at me.)
 
 

No comments: