EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Celebrate Life Challenge

Saturday in Seattle was expected to be sunny and beautiful, that never happened. A cloudy cool day instead. But i had already planned to go out and try and capture the incredible artwork of Mother Nature. Too often in my nearly 55 years, i have not push myself and i am tired of the missed opportunities.
i had a plan, based on what i had seen from the bus window. My blood sugar was low all day, which limits my strength, but i pushed forward to do as i had planned. Going to Westwood Village, downtown, Alki beach (my longest journey), Alaska Junction and finally home.
And what i captured, brought me to tears. So blessed to celebrate the beauty of spring. Of life. Colors bursting throughout the city. The glory of life alive after a dark wet cold depressing winter.
There were times, may times, where i thought about stopping, catching a bus and returning home. But that is my previous way of thinking. This day, i pushed myself, battling the nasty sidewalks and pathetic drivers who don't care if a wheelchair is at the crosswalk.
When i did finally get home, 7 hours and about 3 miles on using my arms to push my wheelchair, my arms felt like jello. i struggled to pull the wheelchair up the 4 steps to our porch. When i looked at the pictures i captured, tears filled up in my eyes and i gave thanks to Mother Nature for allowing me to be a witness to her creations. And i had no regrets for how sore i was, it was all worth it.
(Before i left the house, and during much of my travels, i was already crying. My emotions overwhelmed, missing my SADDI so much. Alone in my travels through life, i talk to her. Like i did when we were together and it always seemed like she was truly listening. i always felt so safe and comforted.)

No comments: