EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

S A D D I

In March of 2003, i was blindsided when i was laid off from job.  i was in total shock.  i went home, numb.  When i opened the door, SADDI greeted, as usual, with excitement, love and devotion ... totally unaware of the emotions i was feeling (lost, confused, uncertain).  i remember putting on her leash and we started for a long walk to the waterfront.  During our walk, SADDI found joy in playing with a stick.  Having freshly cut grass tossed in her face.  Running in circles around me.  As we walked, SADDI must have sensed something, i remember so clearly her looking up at me with such beautiful of love in her eyes.  When we got down to the waterfront, on a beautiful early day spring, SADDI sat next to me on the bench, leaning her body against mine.  i stared at the waves of the Willamette river, SADDI looking around at all the doggies taking their humans for walks.  In that moment, i realized, it was going to be okay.  i had the great love of SADDI, my best friend, to remind me that the only thing that truly matter was what we had together.  i wrapped my arms around her, she allowed me to give her a hug and kiss in public (something rare) and i thanked SADDI. We sat  there for a long time, in silence, but if someone passed by us, they knew the beauty of our bond.
 
 
Today, without SADDI to hold for nearly 8 years, i still talk to her and i thank her daily for allowing me the honor of knowing complete love, friendship and faithful devotion.

No comments: