EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Mother's Day Message

Not everyone celebrates Mothers Day and the way the media pushing it upon us can bring back a lot of painful memories. i had "parents" who were too immature to be parents, they just hooked up for sex. When they learned their night of casual sex created a pregnancy, they got married a few months before i was born. They were divorced before i was 2 years old. Neither of my "parents" were role models.
In this picture is my grandmother Alpha. She raised me for my first 6 years. My memories are few, but knowing she loved me remains strong within me. i remember visiting her in the hospital, before she died of cancer in 1968. i remember she kissed me on the forehead and looking into her eyes as she told me she loved me. That was the last time i saw her.
My "mother" reconnected with my step-father, after over 25 years. A man, who when he left in 1972, filled his pick up with as much material items as he could. As well as leaving unpaid bills, photo's and home movies from my youth. When asked during the divorce to at least return the photo's and home movies, he did so ... but cut them cut them all up, even the negatives, into tiny pieces. (This is the only picture i have of my grandmother and i).
When my "mom" decided to go with this excuse of a man, she had boxes of my personal items stored in her home. She donated to charity and gave me a small box of tax returns. i have not spoken to her since 2000 ... i honestly don't even know if she is alive (and i don't care)
So i will celebrate for those who had positive role models as parents ... but i will also try to ignore this day that has no meaning in my life.
 
 

No comments: