EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

S A D D I

 Most of my memories of my 13.5 years with SADDI are quick flashbacks that pop into my mind at any given moment. They wouldn't have any meaning to anyone who wasn't with us, but those simple memories mean so very much to me. Like when i slept on the floor so SADDI could sleep on the love seat. i had my hand up rubbing her belly and the only part of her that i could see was her wet nose. Or how whenever we were getting ready for a walk, SADDI would jump up, off the ground, and i would go down to tease her. And when we would just up at the neighborhood park, SADDI leaning her body against mine, We would just sit there, especially on cool autumn days watching the leaves dance to the ground from the tall trees. When i am sleeping, and my dreams drift into the negatives, mostly about SADDI's last days, my eyes instantly open to seeing the sweet beautiful picture Devon made for me of SADDI. Almost as though she doesn't want me to remember her that way.

No comments: