EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

S A D D I

New Years eve 2002. Family had not talked to me in over 4 years because i had finally accepted my truth. True friends were no where to be found, which proved there were no true friends. i laid on the love seat, tears rolling down my face like a waterfall. Holding a sharp knife against my wrist, while Dick Clark's rockin' eve show played on the TV in the background. Questioning my reason for living, my purpose and would anyone even miss me if i was gone. As i pressed the knife against my skin, SADDI walked out of the bedroom. Stood in the doorway looking at me. Walked over, licked my face. Looked at me briefly before returning to the bed. At that moment i realized my reality. i realized everything that i ever needed was already in my life. Before the new year came in, i wiped off my face, put the knife in the sink and went into the bedroom and laid down next to SADDI. As i covered the two of us in a blanket, she shifted her body so she was cuddled tightly against me, laid her head on my arm and i felt as though everything was going to be better in the new year. i didn't need a family that betrayed me or false friends, my truth was a little black doggie who loved me more than i would ever know was possible. Though SADDI has been gone for over 8 years now, because of her, i know my purpose for this life. To celebrate life, cherish the simple things in life and give unselfishly to others.

No comments: