EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

S A D D I

Last night, SADDI visited me in my dreams again. It didn't start off very well though. The beginning of the dream was of the last moments i shared with SADDI. As the doctor was about to give her the shot that would release her from the evils of cancer, i whispered in SADDI's ear how much i love her and thanking her for rescuing me. SADDI, extremely weak, lifted her paw and placed it on my hand ... and then she was gone. i woke up, tears had filled my closed eyes. i turned on the TV to finish my sleep with distracting noises. But as soon as i fell asleep again, SADDI returned to my dreams with happier times in life. i saw us walking to the park, playing in the tennis court, sitting on a bench watching the stressed college students passing us. SADDI smiling, giving the students a moment to enjoy the beauty of a beautiful doggies smile. i saw SADDI and i at the bench, as she ran circles around me, playing in the sand. ... i know, where ever SADDI is, she knows how alone i am in this life, so she visits me, giving me hope to wake up. ... When i did finally wake up to begin the new day, my first thought was how truly blessed and thankful i am to have known love and friendship, and though SADDI and i have not been together for 8.5 years, i know in my heart she is with me forever. Whenever i feel down and hopeless, all i have to do is reach out for a cherished memory of my life with SADDI and i am filled with a powerful sense of peace. A peace that allows me the confidence to wake up to the known reality of tomorrow.
Thank you SADDI.


No comments: