EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

S A D D I

Our first day together, i realized SADDI hated getting wet.  i was bathing her in the sink, she stood up on her back legs, her front paws resting on my chest as her sharp nails dug into me.  As the years went on, i had to take a bath with her.  She would cry the entire time.  When i turned off the water, i begged with her to shake while we were still in the shower.  She refused.  So i lifted her out of the shower and as soon as she was on the bathroom floor she would shake.  Her thick black fur releasing water everywhere.  (It took a while for me to learn, but finally, before our baths, i learned to hide the toilet paper so it didn't get soaked)  i would dry her off, as best as i could and then she would run and jump on the bed while i finished my shower.  When i finished, SADDI, still damp, was laying on the pillows, glaring at me. ... Even when we came back from walks and she got wet from the rain, she would stand just inside the house and wait for me to get a towel before she fully entered.  (Something else i learned was to always have a towel by the door so she didn't have to wait).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if these posts have ended, but I just wanted to say that I have enjoyed reading them. Reading about your ongoing, eternal love for your pup has been truly inspirational. She was a gorgeous, sweet soul.