EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

S A D D I

It was a silly simple game.  i'd throw a tennis ball at the wall, in the tennis court, and SADDI would chase it.  i only threw it about 10 feet and SADDI was really good about catching it after one or two bounces. Once she caught the ball, she'd proudly gallop over to me, dropping the ball at my feet.  Ready for the next throw.
(i never taught SADDI to do this, she just knew)   If the ball ever got onto the other side of the net, SADDI just stood there looking at it.  She never ventured over to the other side.  i always had to go get it.  This game never lasted long, because once SADDI was bored, she would just stop and start to walk towards the gate to leave the tennis court.  Often i would ask her to pick up her ball, but she knew she had me to do that.  SADDI knew who truly was in control.  As she stood next to the gate, i'd go get her tennis ball and then put on her leash and we'd continue our walk within the park.  That memory comes to me often, maybe because we did it so many times.  Or maybe because SADDI was so happy playing this game.  And seeing her smile made me so happy.

No comments: