EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

30 years ago

... Impossible to believe, but 30 years ago today my precious Scruffy was taken from me. Scruffy, my very best friend during my school years, was so devoted to me and always knew how to make me smile ... which was often. When we moved into my Grandmothers house, our new neighbors, old friends, had found Scruffy but were about to take her to the pound. i begged my mom to let me have her and so began our friendship. About a year later, my mothers third husband was leaving us and loading everything he could into his truck. i took Scruffy next door and begged Arlene to watch over Scruffy and not allow my so-called step father to take her, as he had threatened. It was the longest day of my life worrying about Scruffy. As soon as i got home i was over joyed to find Scruffy waiting for me and we returned to our now empty house. The next few years were quite a struggle, i could not have survived without Scruffy. Scruffy always seemed to know when i was coming back from school and would stand on the screen door waiting for me. She could hear a block or so away and began her yelping cry. As soon as i walked into the house she would roll onto her back waiting for me to rub her belly, but she was so excited she would always pee a little. i often thought that Scruffy returned to me in the form of SADDI, they are so much alike. So loving. So loyal. So protective of me. So very much missed.   

No comments: