EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

Dog Nurse

While i recover from having my leg amputated about three months ago, i have nurses who come to the house, twice a week, to ensure my wound stays clean.  Today, my nurse brought her dog with her.

Lily, a chow mix, sniffed around the house before making herself comfortable cuddled against me on the sofa.  As her mommy took care of me, Lily fell asleep with me rubbing her fur.   As her mommy got ready to leave, Lily stayed close to me, but her eyes were wide open watching every move her mommy made.

Like a loyal friend, Lily got up and followed her mommy out the door.

That brief time with Lily next to me, made me miss SADDI even more.  SADDI would always lay closely against me and wasn't happy if i needed to shift or if i got up.  Without any true friends in my life, and Devon gone so much lately or while he is here busy with his fashions (fashions come first), i cling to moments, even brief moments, of company.   But when the house is silent again, i talk to SADDI, just hoping she hears me saying how much i love her.

No comments: