EXTRA!!! EXTRA!!! READ ALL ABOUT IT

March 28, 2016

After 8 months of basically being home bound, stuck in a chair or the sofa, my only friend a TV that has turned into an enemy, several falls (one where i hit my face on the kitchen island and broke a tooth) and when my blood sugar became low after working upstairs and i forgot i didn't have a leg and i fell down the stairs, doing damage to the "good" leg ... today my nurse told me my amputation wound, that has opened each time i had previously received my leg, the wound is now about the size of a pin mark. What does this mean, so long as i do not fall again, i should finally be walking by mid-April. My nurse is making sure the wound is COMPLETELY closed before i get the leg again. i can actually thinking about walking again, instead of just dreaming about it. i can finally go out and take pictures, instead of just viewing them online. i can finally go out with my husband ... if he's still interested. And i can finally go back to work and feel like a useful human being again. i know i will never be the same person i was before all of this ... physically or emotionally. But i do know i will be even more appreciative than i was even before all of this. i have a list of outings that i want to do: Katsu BurgerVolunteer Park Conservatory, downtown Seattle, The Crab Pot Seattle, a movie theatre, Teatro ZinZanni Seattle and so many more. But also Devon and i have been wanting to go to Victoria BC. But i can honestly say, i know my first true outing, i will be an emotional mess (as i am just writing about it now). It's been a long lonely ordeal, with many setbacks and watching my hopes go up and down. Right now, it's hard to believe that it truly might be over soon.

No comments: